Vacancy as student assistant (m,f,d)Copyright: © IKDG
Support in the preparation and execution of measurements on a centrifugal compressor test rig
The Institute of Power Plant Technology, Steam and Gas Turbines operates a test rig for the aerodynamic investigation of centrifugal compressor stages. In preparation of the investigations of a centrifugal compressor stage used for the compression of hydrogen, the team of the IKDG needs support.
For this purpose, the IKDG is looking for a motivated, dedicated and reliable student assistant on the basis of an average weekly working time of about 8-15 hours. The areas of responsibility are:
- Support of smaller constructions especially in the field of flow measurement technology
- Construction and calibration of measurement chains
- Programming of scripts in MATLAB/ Python for the evaluation of measurement results
- Support during experiment setup
The advertised HiWi position offers a direct and extensive insight into the test bench operation and is well suited to gain first practical experience in the field of turbomachinery. Furthermore, methodological knowledge on the setup of measurement chains and test bench instrumentation will be imparted.
- Motivation and willingness to work hard
- Independent, reliable work
- Knowledge in the field of turbomachinery and flow measurement technology desirable
The contact person for this job advertisement is Sophia Jörg.